Creamy Pantry Pasta Primavera
1/2 lb short pasta (penne in this case)
7 stalks of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces, cut at a diagonal
1/2 C edamame, thawed and taken out of their skins
1 can tuna
2 T reduced fat cream cheese
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 can of corn
1 large yellow onion, diced small
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 T butter
- Boil pasta according to directions, set aside. Reserve some pasta water for later.
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium heat and add onions. Cook until softened. Add garlic and cook until the garlic develops a slight sweet smell instead of a strong, biting smell, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
- Add tuna and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute, breaking up the pieces as you go.
- Add all of the asparagus except for the tops and cook until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add pasta and stir, adding pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Add asparagus tops, corn, edamame, and lemon zest. Stir everything in. Sprinkle lemon juice on top and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread on the side.