Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 12

Tonight I made a strata pretty similar to the one I made back when we lived in Provo. This time I used asparagus instead of broccoli. First I cooked the bacon in a pan and got rid of most of the fat but left a little bit and lightly sautéed the asparagus in it. I used a day old French Loaf I had made, and decided for the bread, the crustier the better. It soaked up the egg mixture perfectly, leaving a small bite and a crunch on the edges. I also made it in a 9x9 square pan instead of a 9x13, so I used half the eggs, cheese, milk, and bread. But I think I might have still used the same amount of veggies. It was packed with asparagus! Also I used Mozzarella and Pecorino Romano cheese this time instead of Cheddar and I liked it a lot better. Plenty cheesy, but not distracting. If you decide to make it small, remember the baking temp is the same but the time is about half.


No comments: