Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 6

So I've been noticing that though I think I've been making some decently healthy-ish meals, I've been portioning a little too big. So I decided to use veggies to fill up and use the pasta as a side kind of thing. And it turned out great! I was actually full with just a small amount of starch.

I made Aglio e Olio for the pasta and I made up my own Balsamic/garlicky Salmon and roasted broccoli. So here are the fish and broccoli recipes.


For the salmon:
1 large fillet of Salmon, cut into 2 equal portions
3 T white wine
1 large garlic clove, grated or minced fine
1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
2 T olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
  1. In a medium skillet, heat up the oil garlic, and red pepper flakes at medium-high heat. Meanwhile, season the salmon fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
  2. As soon as the garlic is cooked through but not browned, place the salmon on the pan and sear on both sides.
  3. Pour white wine and balsamic vinegar until the alcohol is cooked out and the vinegar thickens. Flip the fish over to coat the other side.
For the broccoli:
1 large broccoli crown, cut into small pieces
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Turn broiler on.
  2. On a small cookie sheet toss the salt, pepper, oil, and broccoli.
  3. Place under the broiler for about 7 minutes, or until the broccoli tips are crispy and browned.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

still loving this. you are so nice to do this!