Oh, and make sure you use an oven-proof skillet!
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 russet potato (about 8~12 oz) peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 t herbes de provence
salt & pepper
1/2 C flat leaf parsley, chopped coarse
1/4 C grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
4 slices bacon, cut into little pieces
- In a medium (10-inch) non-stick skillet, heat 1 T oil over medium heat. Add onion, potatoes, and herbes de provence. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Cover the skillet and let the onions and potatoes cook through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, parsley, 3/4 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Place the bacon pieces on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 3 minutes or until bacon is cooked through but not yet crispy.
- Heat the broiler. Add another tablespoon of oil to the potatoes and onions. Turn the heat down to low and add the bacon and eggs. Periodically pull the edges of the eggs into the middle and cook until the middle looks set, about 10 minutes.
- When ready to put into the oven, sprinkle cheese on top and place under the broiler. Cook until top is set and lighty golden and cheese is bubbly. Run a clean silicone spatula around the edges to loosen the frittata and slide onto a serving plate and cut into wedges.