Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 28

We are leaving for Utah tomorrow, so this will be my last of the month-long recipes. Sorry I didn't do a real month, but I did do 4 full weeks. But since we're leaving tomorrow and I didn't want to mess up the kitchen or take too much time on dinner since we still have a lot of cleaning and packing left to do, I shamefully succumbed to the temptation of convenient McDonald's. So, I'm sorry but, not recipe today. Fast food has always seemed like a bit of a treat for me, but I have to admit after a month of home-cooked, (attempting to be) healthy meals, it was a little ... disappointing.

Thanks, Rebekah, for encouraging me to do this. It was so fun to come up with semi-balanced, yummy meals every day for a whole month. It was helpful to document what we eat everyday and make some adjustments here and there. I had so much fun! I can't wait to get back to cooking when I get back next Saturday. But until then, I look forward to feasting on my sister's much better home-cooked meals. Mmmm!


3 comments:

Allison said...

Well, I've only peeked a few times at this food blog. What a neat idea. I didn't read every word, so you may have used a recipe from this source but I thought I'd tell you a food magazine I love anyway. My mom gave me the Taste of Home magazine and it has lots of yummy recipes from real home-cookin' chefs. So, if you want to try something new, I recommend it. Hope you enjoyed your Utah visit.

Rebekah said...

well, i can't say how awesome i think you are for doing this. i loved it. i loved every single day. you are so talented and creative and inspiring, lillian.

Celeste said...

I can't believe you made so many amazing homemade recipes for 4 full weeks! Now that's impressive. You are my hero. Thanks for sharing your ideas with the rest of us, we need them. Or at least I do!

Oh, and I love that you posted your picture of the McDonald's bag.