Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 13

My friend Megan emailed me this cookbook that I like to call the "restaurant cheat-sheet". And I was super excited because they had the recipe for my favorite dish at one of my favorite restaurants: Chicken Tequila Fettuccine from California Pizza Kitchen. I didn't have tequila or spinach fettuccine, and I didn't want to use a whole lot of butter and heavy cream, so I made my adjustments ... but it still reminded me of the original, and Blake and I definitely enjoyed dinner tonight! I just had to resist from getting seconds ...

Chicken Tequila Fettuccine (wannabe)
Makes 1 lb of pasta
1 lb long pasta, such as linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti

2 bunches of cilantro, chopped fine
2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 large chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
juice of 2 limes
3 T soy sauce
3/4 C heavy cream (and that is still half of what the original recipe called for!)
1/2 C chicken broth
2 T white wine
  1. Cook pasta to al dente, drain, and set aside.
  2. Brown the chicken in a deep frying pan. One browned, add soy sauce and cook another couple of minutes. place in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Cook the red peppers and onion and garlic until soft.
  4. In a sauce pan, cook the chicken broth, white wine, and heavy cream until sauce thickens.
  5. Combine pasta, onions & peppers, chicken mixture, and sauce and toss carefully. Add cilantro and lime juice over the top and toss until cilantro is evenly distributed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm.... looks yummy and not difficult!