Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 16

Tonight I made a baked, breaded Salmon fillet with edamame, sautéed zucchini, and lettuce on the side. Served with rice, of course. The salmon was a slight disappointment because it wasn't the best quality, so if you want to try this recipe, use really good salmon. Otherwise, I recommend cooking salmon in a more flavorful sauce that kind of masks the fishiness of it. I've made this before when we lived in Provo and the quality of the frozen Salmon was a lot better than what they had here at Sam's club ...

For the zucchini, I just sliced them thin and sautéed them in s a little bit of vegetable oil and once they were soft, I added a little bit of soy sauce, about 1/2 T, and cooked until it was absorbed into the zucchini and served it warm.

For the salmon, I just coated it in flour (that I added salt and pepper to), egg, then panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) and baked it on a rack on top of a parchment-lined cookie sheet in a 450° oven for 10 minutes on each side. I served it with bulldog sauce and I put some Japanese Mayo on mine. That's about it. Pretty simple Dinner tonight.


1 comment:

Jenni said...

"Pretty simple dinner tonight", LILLIAN! You AMAZE ME! Can I hire you to cook for my family? I just found this blog of yours, and I am inspired to feed my family some of your dishes... they look amazing, and so yummy!!!