Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
serves 4-61 lb linguini
1 lb shrimp, de-veined
1 big handful parsley, chopped fine
1 big handful cilantro, chopped fine
1~2 T dry white wine
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lemon
3~4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 T crushed red pepper flakes
2 T olive oil, plus some to toss pasta at the end
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to serve
- Boil the pasta with salt to al dente. About 8 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 C pasta water.
- In a separate deep pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant and red pepper flakes are incorporated into the oil, about 5 minutes.
- Pat the Shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper lightly on both sides. Place the shrimp into the pan and flip over as soon as it turns a slight pink. Don't overcook.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate a little. Add pasta and toss to coat. Add lemon juice, zest, and herbs and continue to toss until it's all evenly coated. Add reserved pasta water if needed.
- Serve while warm and serve with Parmesan Cheese and small sprigs of parsley on top.