Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good Wannabe Asian

So I am not usually a fan of generic "Asian Food", but I found a recipe for Asian Sesame noodles using whole wheat spaghetti. And though I was a little skeptical of the spaghetti, everything else looked pretty good (well, for the most part), and it was healthy, so I thought I'd just try it out. I took out a lot of things and added a lot to make it more authentic, and I actually think this is a winner meal! So this is my own Americanized Asian dish ... if you can believe it.

Oh, and I used 1/2 of a rotisserie chicken just because I am making something else with it later this week, but by all means use the whole chicken if you want.

Peanut Sesame Spaghetti
makes 1 lb of pasta
sauce:
1/2 C chicken broth
3 T creamy peanut butter
2 T fish sauce
3 T soy sauce
2 T mirin
1 T chili garlic sauce

1 lb whole wheat spaghetti

1~2 carrots, grated
bean sprouts (as much as you want)
4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces (or thinly sliced, if you like)
1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
3 T toasted white sesame seeds
juice of 1 lime
cilantro
  1. Boil pasta to al dente with salted water. (probably about 8 minutes).
  2. In a sauce pan, heat the sauce ingredients together and whisk until peanut butter is dissolved. Set aside.
  3. Toss pasta, sauce, vegetables, lime juice, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Garnish with some more sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve hot or cold.

1 comment:

raeleneb said...

Lillian - Besides the fact that I'm totally impressed that you're such an amazing cook - along with being a new mome (which I KNOW is demanding)... the photography is beautiful. Honestly, it's the photographs that inspire me to try a new recipe and let me tell you - I am inspired!

Please let me in on your secret - HOW do you take such lovely food photos?