Monday, June 16, 2008

A Father's day feast fit for a King!

Unfortunately we haven't had a baby yet, so yesterday wasn't our first official Father's day. So we didn't celebrate for real, but I still felt like we had to do something special since I made myself "A Mother's day fest fit for a Queen" on Mother's day. So yesterday, still hoping I would eventually be in too much pain to cook, Blake and I made a couple of his favorite meals together. All the recipes are already posted on this blog, so I won't bother re-writing them. But for lunch we had Puttanesca sauce, and I think it was the best I've ever made it! We made plenty of leftovers and froze it so that hopefully in the next few days we can eat good food without much effort. For dinner I made 豚のしょうが焼き(Ginger pork?) (and I used Pork instead of chicken because that's the real way to make it) because it is one that Blake requests quite often, and at the Asian Market I was able to find super thin sliced pork, which I was really excited about! And I guess for dessert we made the Blueberry Streusel Muffins again. And yes, we did eat half of the batch already. But we were good and saved the rest and froze them for another morning when we'll want something more than cereal but I'll be too tired with a baby (hopefully ... IF SHE'S EVER GOING TO BE BORN) to cook.

Happy almost Father's Day, Blake! I love you! You are going to be an amazing father, I know it:) I can tell she's already such a little daddy's girl.

No comments: