Friday, May 30, 2008

Simple Lunch

So ever since Blake and I have been married, whenever I ask him what he wants me to make, he says "Chicken Cheese Sandwiches" in a funny voice like he's joking. I've kind of gotten to the point where I ignore him when he says that because it's become such habit for him. It's always his answer when he can't think of anything else. Anyway, I decided to just make them for once and see how it goes. So I made an un-breaded Chicken Parmesan kind of thing on top of bread instead of with pasta. It actually was pretty good, so I recommend trying something like this out for your family. Really easy and pretty tasty.

Open-Faced Chicken Cheese Sandwiches
serves 2

2 servings tomato sauce (I just made that easy pizza sauce from May 16 again)
3 slices medium~soft, melty cheese (I used Colby Jack because that's all I had)
2 slices crusty bread
2 medium chicken breasts
olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
  1. Pat the chicken breasts dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. In a medium skillet, bring olive oil to medium-high heat and place chicken on the skillet. Cook until golden brown, flip over, cook until done.
  2. Place 2 slices of bread on a cookie sheet and smother with 3 T tomato sauce each. Place chicken on top, cover with more sauce, and top with cheese. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and a little bubbly. Serve hot. (be careful getting the bread off of the cookie sheet. They'll be a little soggy in the middle after soaking up all that yummy sauce!)

No comments: