Thursday, June 18, 2009

birthday

For my sweet baby girl's birthday, we had a picnic at a park for lunch. She got a simple ham & cheese sandwich from Target and some whole milk chocolate milk. But Blake and I had some fancier sandwiches. I had a turkey and brie with whole grain mustard on a baguette and Blake got their Italian on ciabatta. It had hard salami and ham and pesto and all sorts of good stuff, a lot like a mufuletta. If you have a super target close by, you have to try these sandwiches. If not, try making them yourselves. I think turkey and brie is my new favorite sandwich combination.
For her birthday, my girl got a new kids' book called "Bee-bim bop" so I thought it would only be fitting to make it for dinner. For her I chopped up the beef really fine so she wouldn't choke. She loved it!And for dessert I made cupcakes. I thought after her birthday party last Saturday I should take it easy on the sugar intake. I was so tempted to have more than one. But don't you worry, I was a good girl and held back.

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

Do you have the recipe for your yellow cake and chocolate cream cheese frosting on here? If not can I get the recipe from you sometime? They are so good and I'd like to try making them one of these days.