Oh also, the picture is of the leftovers I ate the next day. They were still really good!
2 lb spaghetti (or linguini is really good, too. That's what I used this time)
2-28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
1 medium sized onions, diced (I like it diced small, but it's up to your personal preference)
5 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped roughly
olive oil (to cook the onions and garlic)
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
3/4 c. italian bread crumbs
2 L or XL eggs
1 small block of mozarella cheese, cut into small cubes that will fit inside the meatballs
- Cook onions in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes and continue stirring.
- Mix meat, bread crumbs, and eggs ina seperate bowl with your hands. Make little meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter, make a hole in the middle, add a cube of cheese and seal up.
- Drop the meatballs into sauce and let cook for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- In the mean time, boil pasta according to packaging directions, to al dente. Don't overboil!
- When the meatballs are cooked through and the pasta is done, take meatballs out of sauceand place in a seperate bowl. Put pasta in sauce and toss until the sauce it thorooughly incorporated on pasta.
- place in a large serving bowl, put meatballs on top and serve.