Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Own Personal Chef

This has been an amazing week so far! Our baby was born on June 18th and my sister arrived this past Wednesday to help us out a little. She has been so helpful! It's been so wonderful to have her here for so many reasons. She seems to just read my mind and do stuff that I feel too needy to ask for and cooks and cleans for us constantly. And last night was an especially rough night and she came in out room and took Ella for a few hours so we could sleep. And miraculously got her to stop crying so she could get some sleep herself. Anyway, though I don't have the recipe, I wanted to share what she made for dinner for us tonight. Tortilla soup! And hers is the best. Better than any I've ever had before. So sorry I can't share how to make it, I just wanted to show off how great I'm eating these days. And that is why I always say I learned everything I know about food from her. She's a genius.

In the pot

In my bowl topped with sour cream, fresh cilantro, avocados, cheese, and fresh lime juice!

No comments: