Monday, November 9, 2009

mmmmm

I know I talk about this bread a lot, but I make it all the time! It's so chewy and crispy and dense and delicious! I make it often without the herbs, and that turns out fantastic. Well, this time I did something different, and LOVED it! I grated a good 1/2 C of Pana Granado cheese (Parmiggiano Reggiano, Asiago, Pecorino Romano, or any hard Italian cheese will work great!), put about 1/4 C of it in the dough, and dumped the rest of it on top of the bread, after cutting the "x". It was so cheesy and rich and tasty. Next time you make bread, try it out:)

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Ben and I were talking about that bread just yesterday, ymmm. The idea of it with cheese sounds so divine. If I don't have a dutch oven, how should I try to bake it again?? Probably not a cookie sheet...

Lillian said...

I'd say some kind of casserole or oven safe pot with a lid, and make sure it's well oiled. But definitely buy a dutch oven/enameled cast iron pot someday:)