Garlic Marinated Chicken Dinner
Serve 2~4 (depending on how hungry you are;))
2 medium sized chicken breasts, cut into 2 equal pieces horizontally, and pounded flat to make them even and thin.
1 lb aparagus
1 lb small red potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
Rosemary garlic vinaigrette:1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 head of garlic
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt,
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a deep dish, place the chicken breasts , trying not to overlap them. Pour in about 1/2 C of the vinaigrette over them, turn them over to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half, or if they are small ones leave them whole. Place them in a 9x13 baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper, and toss to coat. Place them in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Snap the bottom off of the asparagus and peel the skin off of the last inch or so. Cut on the bias every 1.5~2 inches. Toss with salt, pepper, olive oil, and minced garlic. Place on a cookie sheet and place in the oven with the potatoes during the last 10 minutes.
- On a large skillet heated to medium high, pour about 1 T oil. Once the pan is hot, place the chicken breasts on the skillet after shaking off the excess marinade. Don't move them around. Once the bottom is browned, flip them over and cook through (but don't over cook them).
- Arrange them all on a large platter and let everyone serve themselves.