My Banana Bread
makes 3-9x5 pans of breadcrumb topping:
1/3 c. brown sugar
1T butter (still cold)
- combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon
- cut the butter into the mixture until corn meal consistency
- sprinkle on bread batter in the bread pan
cinnamon sugar (to dust the greased pans)
1 C brown sugar
1 C white sugar
3 XL eggs
7 really ripe bananas (mashed)
1 (16 oz) container (I use light) sour cream
1 T vanilla (or as much as you want ... I like a lot)
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
3 t baking soda
4 1/2 C flour
3/4 C butter room temperature
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease pans, dust with cinnamon sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar. Mix in eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla, & cinnamon.
- Slowly mix in salt, baking soda, flour. Pour into pans.
- Sprinkle tops with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.