Saturday, January 23, 2010

at your request

First of all, if you want the recipes for the chocolate ganache tarts and lemon créme tarts, I have them here. But this time I used a traditional tart crust. Way better. But a little more time-consuming. Thankfully, I had some help that day. Thanks, Stacy!

Well, since my favorite person, my sister, asked for pictures of the mini quiches, I thought I'd at least show the pictures I got. Like I said, not the best photos, but oh well. But seriously, everyone needs to try this spinach and caramelized onion quiche. About killed me it was so good! I may have taken a few of the leftovers home and eaten them all in 2 days.
Spinach & Caramelized Onion Quiche

Broccoli, Cheddar, & Ham Quiche

My usual: Italian take on Quiche Lorraine

And another request I got was from my friend, Melissa Esplin, who wanted the recipe to the chocolate ganache frosting. Super simple, Melissa! You're going to LOVE it! (I over-whipped it a little, but in the end I liked the mountain-like texture. But when you make it, don't make that same mistake because it turns out a little dry and really hard to pipe. Not that YOU would do something like that.)

Chocolate ganache frosting
8 oz chocolate (semi-sweet or bittersweet. I used a combination of both. Don't go sweeter than that, though), chopped
1 C heavy cream
1 T pure vanilla extract, optional
  1. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream (and vanilla, if using) to a boil. Immediately take off the heat and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for about a minute, then gently stir until combined and no chocolate chunks remain.
  2. Let cool, uncovered, in the fridge until set and thickened. Once completely cooled, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the ganache until light and fluffy. Don't over whip or it'll get stiff and dry. You want it moist and soft. Now pile it on some cupcakes (or just eat it by the spoonful ...) and enjoy!

No comments: