Tuesday, April 13, 2010

pizza pizza

I know, I know, I said I was going to eat Japanese food this week.  And I have, actually.  I've eaten at least 1 Japanese meal a day, sometimes 2 or 3, and I am feeling great!  Tonight had to be something simple and quick, though, and since I had dough in the fridge, I decided on healthy pizza.  We eat a lot of homemade pizza.  So tonight had to be a little different, so I tried my artisan bread dough for the pizza dough (fantastic idea and couldn't be simpler), and the toppings were fancy but very low maintenance.  And of course, delicious.  My kind of dinner.
For toppings I used sliced, sauteed cremini mushrooms, tiny pieces of eggplant, leeks, and the usual sauce and cheeses.  The crust was perfectly crisp.  It was really good.  What kind of pizza topping combinations do you like to try?

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

My fave as of late is grilled chicken and veggies (roma tomatoes, zucchini, artichoke hearts, asparagus, green onions, and baby bella mushrooms) on foccacia with no sauce. Just some garlic olive oil and fresh Italian cheeses. I cut the bread in half like a sandwhich and assemble it all after the toppings are grilled and pop it all under the broiler to melt the cheese. Yum!