Thursday, November 19, 2009

easy focaccia

We eat a lot of bread here. And that's why I am so glad I bought my bread machine a couple of years ago for Christmas. Last night I made some creamy chicken noodle soup, and I wanted a good, flavorful bread to go with it, so all I did was make my simple pizza dough recipe, added a head of roasted garlic into the dough, and when it was done, I kneaded in another head of whole cloves of garlic and a little herbes de provence (less then a 1/4 t--don't ever overdo it with dried herbs!). Then, I stretched it out carefully onto a parchment lined baking sheet, dimpled it all over, and doused it in extra virgin olive oil, baked it in a 375° F oven for about 15 minutes, and we devoured it! It was such a dense, moist bread. And so easy if you have a bread machine to do half of the work for you. You gotta try it out! I LOVE BREAD!

1 comment:

Laura Morris said...

Hi Lillian! I have been trying tons of your recipes lately! So good!!! I was wondering if you ever make your own teriyaki sauce. We can't ever find one at the store that we really like. Hope you are all doing well. Tell Blake hi for us, and Ella, and Kumo.