Monday, June 1, 2009

pizza

My basil finally grew big enough,
so I picked a few leaves,
bought some fresh mozzarella,
made some pizza dough,
And made my favorite pizza! Mmmmmmmm.
Margherita Pizza
1 ball of pizza dough
fresh tomatoes, sliced and seeds removed
fresh mozzarella, sliced
fresh basil leaves, torn
finely grated parmiggiano reggiano cheese
(optional)
homemade pizza sauce
  1. Cut the dough into 2 equal pieces, and roll out flat. Top with a thin layer of sauce, and top with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and parmiggiano reggiano cheese, if using.
  2. Bake in a 450° over for 12 minutes.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hurray for gardening! Your basil looks awesome. And so does that pizza. I hope it was molto deliziosi!

Kerstin said...

that looks so good!! and you make the best pizza. We had pizza last night too but it was takeout and I found myself wishing it was your homemade pizza.